Local Governing Body Terms of Reference
Perry Beeches The Academy Local Governing Body Terms of Reference
- 3 Year Term of Office.
- To work solely in and for Perry Beeches The Academy
- To meet as a body once a term (including an AGM).
- Individual/Parings of Governors to review one key priority of the school at least once each term and to produce a report.
- The Chair of the Local Governing Body and the Headteacher will be invited as attendees to all Directors meetings.
- To be Quorate, 50% of the Local Governing Body needs to be present.
- The Four Key Priorities
- A local delegated budget
Named Governors to be responsible for:
- Leadership & Management Review
Make-up of the Local Governing Body:
- 2 Elected Parent Governors – Hema Patel, Tony Wood-Jones
- 3 Appointed Co-opted Governors – Mark Plotnek, Liam Cullinan, Vacancy
- 1 Headteacher Governor – Ese Adeoye
- 1 Elected Non-teaching Staff Governor – Ian Maxwell
Local Governing Body reviewed by the Board of Directors through:
- The Board of Directors to approve all appointments to the Local Governing Body.
- The Local Governing Body to report to Directors once per term, making available all written reports, minutes to meetings and explicit sharing of key apparent issues.
The Local Governing Body Budget Terms of Reference
- Amount determined by the number of students.
- The budget is delegated to the Headteacher and monitored and reviewed by the Local Governing Body.
- Exceptional circumstances – particular building need/curriculum need/ development need applied for year in year out via the Local Governing Body to Directors